OX-AN®'s Oxygen Depletion Monitoring Systems are incorporated in gas detection systems designed for personnel safety monitoring in:
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Research & Development
- Research, Pharmaceutical, Medical and Educational Laboratories
- Factory, Industrial & other Plant Rooms
- Combined Spaces & Voids
- Basements & Pits
Oxygen Depletion Gas Detectors
The extensive use of cryogenic liquids for process cooling in both industrial, scientific and food factory applications presents a safety issue of asphyxiation to the personnel working around tunnels, cabinets, air handling units, etc. With the handling of liquid Nitrogen from dewars to workstations where a spillage could cause serious depletion of Oxygen levels, OX-AN® Gas Detection Systems will warn and alert all personnel.
Even in situations in which Oxygen depletion does not reach life-threatening levels, the effect of Oxygen starvation on the health of working personnel is still a major health and safety concern.
OX-AN® Oxygen Depletion Monitor Systems can detect Oxygen deficiency and warn occupants immediately of any danger.
Alarm outputs and warning signals in these systems can be configured to shut down control valves in the event of a cryogenic leak from ineffective seals, valves, flanges, etc.
The product can measure up to twelve locations with remote 4-20 mA Oxygen sensors.
With over 30 years experience in the design and manufacture of gas detection and Oxygen deficiency alarm systems, OX-AN® Gas Detection can offer proven and reliable protection systems for personnel working in these potentially hazardous conditions.
- Dewars: Room for storing liquid nitrogen in Dewars protected by OX-AN®Gas Detection
- Clear status indication system installed to monitor & protect personnel part of standard system supply from OX-AN® Gas Detection
- A food-freezing machine did not properly vent off the waste nitrogen because a plastic bag was wrapped around the fan blades. An OX-AN® Gas Detection system warned personnel
Oxygen Depletion Gas Detection System
Key features of OX-AN®'s highly developed and sophisticated Oxygen Depletion Monitoring System include:
- Digital control and set-up of all functions
- Recall of alarm events
- Monitors up to 16 locations
- Two stage alarm outputs with 3 amp volt free relays
- Clear indication of fault zone on large LED
- Additional warning panels can be mounted up to 300m away
- Sensor isolation
- Print on demand function documents time stamped events
Oxygen Depletion Sensor Options
Options for our Oxygen Depletion Gas Detection System include a zone-based alarm system allowing multiple zones to be monitored and have individual alarm based relay outputs using one system.
How Many Monitor Sensing Points Do I Need?
The number of sensing points required to adequately monitor a space depends upon a number of factors. Please contact us for free technical advice or a site visit.
Oxygen Depletion Monitoring System Installation
OX-AN® offer a full installation service. All that is required on site is the provision of a fused mains outlet adjacent to the proposed location of the monitor and remote panel.
Gas Detection System Service and Maintenance
OX-AN® offer a systems service contract providing a service visit at twelve monthly intervals. At the systems service schedule the electro-chemical Oxygen sensors are replaced and all the instrument's functions and alarms are checked using test gases.
For intermediate systems testing, we can supply test gases in disposable canisters with a needle control valve and carrying case.
Electro-chemical fuel cell 4-20mA transmitter
240V a.c. 110v a.c. option
2 x 3 amp single pole changeover relays (volt free contacts)
Function: 2 x 16 back illuminated liquid crystal display
Zone: 2 x 1.5" 7 segment
LED display Alarm: Matrix of 5mm red LED's
Warning: Matrix of 5mm amber LED's
Area safe: matrix of 5mm green LED's
Gas Detection System Status
- Fault: System fault has occurred
- Isolated: One or more sensors isolated
- Muted: Sounder is muted
- Slow Cycle: System in slow cycle mode
- Print Pending: Event is ready to print
- Healthy: System is powered & functional
- Warning Sounder:90 dB @ 1 M Mute: External mute push-button
- Main Unit: 53 cm high x 43 cm wide x 20 cm depth from wall
- Sensor Housing Size: 10 cm high x 10 cm wide x 8 cm depth from wall
- Maximum number of Sensors: Monitors up to 16 locations
- Field Wiring: Transmitters 16/0.02 mm2 twin Belden cable Remote panel twin screened data cable with overall screen
Oxygen Deficiency Monitor Price
If you are interested in obtaining a price quotation for an OX-AN® Oxygen Depletion Monitoring System, please contact us using the enquiry form below or by clicking this link -OX-AN Gas Detection Customer Service